how do I tell my boss at my BRAND NEW JOB that I CANT work the hours they want me to!

I just got a job last week and I thought I would be working like 20 hours a week..
they have me working 1-630 m-f and 7-3 on saturdays!

I won't have childcare for that.

I'm nervous but I know I have to bring it up to them.

my basic plan is to say, I understand you guys NEED me working these hours, which is why you hired someone, unfortunatly I will NOT have childcare for these hours. I want this to work out for both of us so is there anything that can be done?

i"m so nervous about it though. so far my supervisor is very hard to communicate with. whenever i ask her when i'll have a normal, set, schedule she puts it off. "next week." "in two weeks after training" its so hard to get her to commit

advice??? please!!

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:09 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh, Oh! Did she discuss your hours with you when you interviewed and did you discuss with her your daycare dilema?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• wow did you tell them when exactly you could work? if you did and they agreed then go to the HR department . if you didnt then this is on you and good luck.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• This should have been discussed before you accepted the job. You need to be upfront

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you know exactly what to say. Just remember it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Also, it would probably be better to talk to HR and not your boss, this is especially true if you were expecting to work one shift and suddenly that's changed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010