how soon after dying ur hair can it be redyed using the drugstore do it urself kit like herbal essence/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've only ever used Herbal Essence, but I would think you should wait at least 10 days or 2 weeks before redying simply so you don't end up with some funky crazy color from the chemicals mixing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• even if its just black to cover it all up?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Dying your hair is really harsh on it, to color it twice really close together might do a lot of damage to it. Best to wait at least a couple weeks if not a month.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• the box says 8 weeks after using a permanent dye. after 4 weeks to do a touch up on just the roots. There are also now some new kits just for touch ups so you don't have to buy a whole box of dye just for the roots. Your hair does get dry and damaged if dye is used too often.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i did an hebral essence once nad it came out horrible...my aunt who is a hair dresser told me to go get pert shampoo(whihc will strip some of the color out), the color i wanted to redye it and a good leave in conditioner. i did this and my hair survived- all in the same day. i was mortified by the orange color my hair turned so i ran out kids in tow that night wiht my hair tucked under a baseball cap. GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I "touch up" the front edges (where most of my grays are) and where I usually part it with Just For Men mustache color gel, every other week. I do all of my hair about every 8 weeks.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010