What do you think when someone uses the word "entitled"?

Your first thoughts please? I am curious.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on how it's used. Honestly I've only ever heard it in the context of "So & So THINKS they are SOO Entitled" and it's an insult or a slam on someone. I've honestly never heard someone say they felt they were entitled to anything...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My kids are from a generation that feel the are entitled to a lot. Work ethic is lost on many of them. They seem to have a hand out every time you turn around. They are dubbed "the entitlement generation" for a reason.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Selfish plain and simple... no one is entitled to anything. Mostly everything is a gift and we should be gratefull
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 3:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Nobody is entitled to ANYTHING. AT ALL. Nobody deserve something or someone. You have to earn what you have, who you have in your life, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yeah, it depends on how it is used.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I worked at a pharmacy and a man who had come to pick up his script was about 37 years old, he was on full medicaid and retail (cash price) of all of his meds totaled over $3500.00 per month, he paid nothing. I didn't think anything of it since I was a new cashier, but when I handed him his meds, he said, "you know, I have worked for so many years, I am ENTITLED to free meds." When I hear that, I was intstantly torqued! Now, if a soldier said that they were entitled to free meds, I would just smile and say, "Yes you are soldier, Yes you are. Thank you and God bless you"
    yellarose

Answer by yellarose at 7:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well, if they mean they are entitiled to an honest answer, to be treated fairly, etc I would not be offended and agree. If they are saying they are entitiled to certain treatment because they are special I would point out that they are no more special than anyone else.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I did not think this question needed further explanation, but here it goes........uses the word as "I am entitled to........" or "I feel as if I am entitled to........" and speaking directly to you.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• . To give a name or title to. To furnish with a right or claim to something: The coupon entitles the bearer to .50c off.
    we are all entitled to equal protection under the law... For me that is what entitled means.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• That someone's momma should have taught them that the world does not revolve around them. Entitled to me means that "I think everyone owes me and I'm too lazy to take care of myself". Maybe it's harsh, but it is my first reaction.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010