Best Vaction trip I ever had was ____________________

plz keep it clean. Tk u

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Travel

• To Kileen Texas, to see my son return home from a year in Iraq!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My DH was stationed in germany for 3 years. We drove threw the black forest. Stayed in this small town, it was so quiet. The whole trip was nice.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• when I was like 14 or 15. My dad had just walked out on all of us, so my uncle who works for Delta gave my mom, 2 younger brothers and myself stand by plane tickets to Salt Lake City. My godmother (my mom's cousin/best friend) who lives in DC also flew and met us there. We got a rental van and drove through Idaho, went to Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole, WY. It was my favorite vacation b/c that was the first time we were all happy and had peace after my dad left and my godmother is the funniest person I know, so we had more laughs than ever. Also, it is beautiful up there and looks nothing like it does down here in GA. In fact, my dog I got 3 years ago, I named Monte (short for Montana since he's a boy) after that vacation.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Christmas of 2001. My Aunts paid to fly my mom, sister, niece (who had just been born that August), and I to Kentucky as a present to my Mamaw. She didn't know we were coming. We flew in the day after Christmas. My aunts told Mamaw on Christmas morning that there was one more gift that couldn't make it before Christmas. The day we flew in, they told her that the gift was too big to wrap, and that she had to go in the other room while they assembled it. They turned on "I'll be home for Christmas," and lined us up in the living room, then told her to come out and see her present. She was so surprised, that she turned around and walked out of the room, then back in to make sure she was seeing right. The look of sheer joy on her face was priceless. I will always treasure that memory. That was the last time I got to see her. She was diagnosed with lung cancer while we were there, and we lost her April of 2002.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It also makes me happy to know that Mamaw got to meet at least one of her great granddaughters before she left us. And Lili-Bell was her pride and joy. Her "black eyed Susan." Lord knows how much she would have loved Lili's sister, Desi, or my Daughter, Evie.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Our son called homesick while he was in CA. DH told me to fly out there and have fun. We drove down the CA coast and did a few touristy things. I also made some homemade favorite meals and put them in his freezer. It was so very special (to me at least!)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Christmas 2005, my grandparents flew everyone to Hawaii for 2 week for their 50th wedding anniversary!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Checking out tide pools in Homer, Alaska.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The first time my husband and I went to Paris. We walked and ate all day. Talked and enjoyed each other all night.

Everything was so spontaneous, not like me at all. I came to appreciate that (spontaneous) side of him during that trip. I guess, I let go of a little of my control-freak nature then too. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• When we backpacked through Europe for 35 days.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010