Is it possible to get pregnant from anal sex???

TMI: Look, I know where the sperm needs to go and it is not in the anus. I was just wondering how likely it is for the sperm to make it into the vagina after. I had anal sex before the condom was put on and he came in there. Anyone have any idea what the likely-hood is for pregnancy to occur? I am way too embarrassed to straight up ask my doctor. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• NO
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• any time you are ovulating and semen enters the vaginal opening, then yes, it is possible. The anal opening and vaginal opening are not that far apart and the chance of semen "dripping" or "sliding" near the vaginal opening is very likely. If you want to avoid the chance, have hime put a condom of when you are having anal and then a clean one on for vaginal intercourse. GL
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• no way its a different hole.
    Anonymous

• The chances are slim but the sperm can make its way into the vagina. Also you should always use a condom during anal sex - for cleanliness reasons. Your partner is exposed to fecal matter which contains bacteria and whatnot which can result in a urinary tract infection and other problems.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 12:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• its possible but not probably
    Anonymous

• For sperm to get from your ass to your Va JJ it would have to go out one and into the other, sperm cannot live outside the body!! So its not possible at all and I have had Dr's tell me that..... not that I was silly enough to ask but I was in the ER one night with my DD and a young girl was getting a cat scan and they had to ask if it was possible that she was preggo and she asked if she could be from anal sex and they just laughed and said uhhhh no!! lol And my mom worked at the hospital so I knew the ER docs and I just commented on the ? the girl had asked them and he explained that sperm cannot live out side the body what so ever and it would have to travel in order to get preggo so the is a big NOOOO!! lol
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• scaredmommy...yes, sperm can live outside the body. That's how sperm donation works, and that's how men are able to give samples to have their fertility checked. If a doctor told you that it couldn't, I don't think I'd trust him/her with my health.
    Anonymous

• My step daughter was conceived that way... They said it was a one night stand and that was the way it turned out... very possible... HAHA!
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 1:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Normally, I'd call you an idiot. But, I have heard its possible for pregnancy to happen without penetration. Lay of the anal sex.
    Anonymous

• How am I an idiot?
    Anonymous