Facebook friends request- I don't get it:P

So, isn't it funny when you get a random friend request on Facebook. You don't recognize them. Then you realize they're yet another one of those people you knew for 10+ years in school. The entire time you were never friends, maybe even more like enemies. It's been clear they seek out no friendship with you in Real Life even to this day. But hey, let's be friends on facebook?

It doesn't upset me. I just don't get it. I've even "accepted" their request, and then you see them at a function and their still the same wierd, insecure snooty person they've always been. Why contact me? Sillies;)

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 3:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I get friend request from people I wasn't friends with is school I don't except them.We weren't friends then,so why know.I do love fb,I have found friends from school,family in other states that i don't even know.
    If I see someone in public that is on my friends and they act like they don't no me I take them off.I mean You don't have to have a bid g conversation just hi and keep going with your day.Some people just want the numbers,I like to have people I like. lol
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I so agree!!! What are you checking up to see if my life is as good or as shitty as yours? Its really dumb!
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 3:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't know it seems to me that sometimes it's because we have grown up and would like to think the person we ask to be friends with has too. I am a person who discovers people on face book who I hadn't seen in years sometimes even relitives I didn't even know I had so I ask to be their friends not because I think I am better than them or want to find out how life has trated them but to genuinly be there friend. It's sad when people who don't know you very well judge you.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Its true some people genuinely want to try to be friends. But when you see them and they ignore you or act snotty i would not think this is the case.
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 4:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm very careful in whom I accept and whom I send out invites too. In fact for thelongest time I held out on sending an invite to a friend, who moved to SC so we don't get to talk to him much, wife because while I wanted to get toknow here wasn't sure how it'd go over. Finally when I realized I was checking everyday, her statuses arent blocked for news about her hubs, who's off at marine bootcamp, and pics of their new baby boy who's onlya month older than ours it was time to send a message bite teh bullet and work on my social skills. Its been a bit awkward but I think its' rewarding in the end. But yeah just adding up friends. Don't do taht, can't see the point. I actually want to see the updates for the people I care about and not a bunch of junk on people I don't.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree. But I have an issue with a "friend" I have recently had. We had a falling out, never talked anymore so I was cleaning out my facebook one day and deleted her. We NEVER talk, so why keep her on there. She got extremly upset! Crying to a mutual friend we have. I explained to that friend why I had deleted her. Even when I would see this "friend" in a store (we live in a very small town), I would say him and she would ignore me! It is just strange to me why facebook friends are so important to some people!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• oops..I mean, I would say hi (not him)
    ILoveCade

• for the record;) I did give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they had finally grown up. hence....the accepting friend request. but when you see them in real life and they're still as silly as before..... wierd....Don't contact me to just add to you number of "friends".
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 4:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yep it bugs me too. but on the other hand, I have reconnected with people I haven't seen in 15 or more years!
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• it is upsetting.!!... I add them. And send them nice comments.
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 6:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010