anyone ever suffer from kidney stone???

All i can say is ouch!!! and the doctors just tell me to rest and they will pass....please tell me how they expect this to happen when i'm chasing three kids around daily LOL!! Rest is usually not a viable option for this mom lol!!! What have your docs done for you if you or maybe a loved one has had them????

mikenjess

Asked by mikenjess at 7:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• My mom is diabetic and she had one a few years ago. She was horribly sick, vomiting, in so much pain....we sat in the e.r. for 8 hours....then they found her a bed upstairs and they said it would pass. She had an iv for hydration and to keep her blood sugar regulated, and it did pass. My dad has had several. Not sick like that. He had one "zapped". I think it's called lithotripsy. He had it done at Yale. You get into a pool of water in your bathing suit, they position you somehow and use ultrasound waves to break up the stone so they would pass. That worked for him, although he still has one that's so big it won't pass and that docs say that's okay, as long as he feels better. I'm so sorry you are in pain! I hope it passes soon.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• put me in the hospital on morphin it hurt so bad......they do pass it just hurt like heck sorry......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I went to the ER with that once. The pain had me doubled over. They told me the same thing. Rest and it will pass. Luckily it did.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have had kidney stones for 5 yrs now and ive had surgery 2 times..and my urinolgist told me to drink lots and lots of cranberry juice to pass them...and they neva told me to rest just to keep drinking lots of water and cranberry juice so they will move through with your urine .and you have to strain them ...did your doctor test you to see what is causing your stones?  i keep getting them due to low calcium due to the fact im dairy allergic.....sorry your in pain... hope you get better soon...the pain is definitly worse than labor...

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• they said mine are from calcium also. I started getting them when i was pregnant with my 5 year old daughter and i've had them off and on since. But i was just wondering if i was doing all i could because they never really gave any advice other than water and rest.
    mikenjess

Comment by mikenjess (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Drink lemonade made from real lemon juice. The acid will help break it down.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2010