Is anyone else excited for Harry Potter?!?!

I cannot wait! I am watching the marathon on ABC Family right now and they are having sneak peaks and I just can't contain my excitment, lol! We won't get it here for at least a week after it comes out in the states though :(

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 7:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes, I can't wait either. I think I am more excited then my kids. Everytime there is a trailer on TV I am watching it and telling everyone to be quiet. My kids think I am crazy. It comes out this Friday for us, and we will go opening day!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My son is only 4, but I have trained him, lol. He will watch the movies with me and he knows who Harry Potter is just by seeing him!
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am excited too! My daughter and I have been watching all of the old movies. We started two nights ago, and by the time we watch one a night, it'll be opening night! I'm taking her on a special mommy/daughter date to dinner, then to have dessert, and then to the midnight premier. Can't wait!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 7:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm super excited! I told my husband back in September, after getting gift cards to a restaurant, and movie tickets for my birthday, that they were reserved for going to see Harry Potter, and when it comes out, we're going out on a date, with no kids!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am, but it's sort of bittersweet for me lol. Way before the movies (lol - back when there were only 3 books in the series...) I started reading them out loud to my kids, then, as we would finish one, waiting excitedly for the next in the series. Even with the last book, when they were both in high school, we were still reading them out loud as a family. We did the same with the movies - it's something we've done as a family - making a big deal out of going on opening night, they would even take their Harry Potter Uno cards and play while we waited in line, etc. We didn't do that with the last movie (we now live in Japan, so we didn't see it opening night, but we did see it in English with Japanese subtitles lol). Now, we're waiting to see the new one, but my oldest graduates this yr and will be enlisting, so it's our last Harry Potter movie together.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• lol - I didn't mean my post to sound all melodramatic or anything, just that this has been a big part of my kids' childhoods. When we finished the last book, it was very bittersweet for all of us, sort of like an end to more than just the stories, and now they're doing the last movie (ok, well, the first installment of the last movie....). Our oldest graduates this year and will be enlisting at the end of the yr, so he won't be here with us in Japan for the second half next year, then our youngest graduates next year.

So, lol - yes, we're all excited about it in our house, but at the same time, it's sort of the end of a huge part of them growing up, too... Does that make sense?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes I am but I can't but think they split it into 2-parts so they could milk a little extra from a series that is officially over at this point.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• "Yes I am but I can't but think they split it into 2-parts so they could milk a little extra from a series that is officially over at this point. "

Or maybe they did that so they didn't have to cut so much out?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Am I the only person on the face of this Earth who is not into Harry Potter?
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Cant wait.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010