does you dog take forever to eat?

mine does not sure what to do to get her to eat. our lab waited an hour to eat this morning. yesterday she left half so i removed it after an hour. she is on decent food and loved it when i switched to purina one puppy. then vet told me to cut out lunch and do two meals and she seems like she is on hunger strike. labs usually love to eat but not emma.anyone else have this happen?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I feed puppies twice a day and adults once a day. But, having said that, I also give them a certain amount for the day and if they eat it fine, if not, fine. Some days they eat more than others. As long as they don't miss a bowl full more than a day or two, I generally don't worry.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i dont watch him.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We have a self feeding bowl in the basement and I think he eats at night, b/c I never see him eat in the daytime...and he's not skinny so he must eat.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• How old is your dog? Just one meal a day for my pug who is 9 months old. I put her in the crate with her food so she eats as much as she wants then takes a nap. Otherwise the other dog would eat it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• she is 4.5 months old. i guess i am expecting her to be like my last dog(also a lab) who ate like a hoover and i could grab her empty bowl within a few mins. this lab puppy is not a hoover with food.
    stargazer74

Comment by stargazer74 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2010