What should I do?

If a see a someone on their balcony with a pair of binoculars at night looking in the general direction of the apartments across the way? I have no proof they were peeping, but...still.. and its just my word.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

•    Just to be on the safe side I would call the police and have them check it out. If it's innocent well he doesn't have to know who called...

Be101

Answer by Be101 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If I saw them do this on a regular basis, I'd call the police and have them look into it...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• wow, that's creepy. Is he a part of the apartment complex? I'd still call the manager and say something. Or even the police.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'd say that it would be better to do nothing.

Answer by Bmat at 8:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would call the police and let them know what you saw. If they find it suspicious they will look into it. At least you did something.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'd call the cops and let them look into it!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• he could just be looking at the night sky for all I know tho, thats not illegal. Even if a cop was looking right at him there'd be no proof he was peeping on a neighbor. That's why I'm confused as to what to do.

Yeah he's in the Apt complex next to my own and I happened to see him last night. I was just enjoying the night air and caught a movement in the corner of my eye.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• its the binoculars that tip the scale, right? Cuz I was out there too to notice him.

you could still peep without the binoculars but it wouldn't be as obvious, therefore you couldn't call anyone on it. But ya better safe than sorry I guess.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm afraid all I'll accomplish is that he'll just not go on the balcony and just keep doing it anyways from a window instead of standing outside where you can see him. It may not stop him, just make him be more sneaky about it.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think I'd take a few photos:

1 Peeper's building and his targeted apartment build,
    2 peeper's building,
    3 kinda close-up of peeper's balcony while he's out there,
    4 real close-up with the peeper peering through his binoculars.

Then I'd make a flyer with them in that order and post it around the apartment building he's targeted.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010