Voting with a baby

I am taking my 8 month old with me tomorrow to the polls. What should I do. Is it ok to bring her stroller inside?
This is my second election voting, but last time I was 18 with no kids, so I dont really remember if anyone brought strollers with them.
I know the lines will probably be long, and we will have to wait a long time, I am sure she will not be happy with me holding her, she will want to move around!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm in the same boat.. my little one will NOT want to sit still, she is almost 8 months. Oh well. The price to pay to have your say. Too bad we can't wear our matching Obama/Biden shirts... it's not acceptable in VA to wear party merch to the polls :(
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I brought Ethan in his stroller- but I went to early voting. There was a woman working there who watched him while I voted- He was in his stroller and she was happy to help. Happy Voting!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• sure! Also bring a couple small toys or books to keep her entertained, and maybe some snacks or fingerfoods in case you're there longer than expected.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If it makes you guys feel any better, I'll be taking a 3yo and a 20mo w/ me!

One thing that usually helps me is to convince myself ahead of time that it's going to take forever, and it's going to be the most horrible miserable time of my life! (It rarely lives up to my 'expectations', and even if it does, at least I was prepared!)
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was wondering the same thing about my baby only he's much younger! And he doesn't sit still for long so I'm hoping he won't fuss. But if I'm going to vote I have to take him!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think if you go during the day you'll be fine. In my experience, the polls are the most crowded early in the day or in the evening. I'm going to go in the morning on my way to work, but my husband will have to take our little guy with him when he goes in the afternoon...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Good question. I was thinking of bringing my wrap instead, but now I think I will bring the stroller.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008