When did your baby's soft spot close?

The doc said my 6 month old's soft spot was almost closed and he wanted to "keep an eye on it." His head circumference is right where it should be. We are going back in six weeks to have it checked again, but I thought he was being awfully laid back about the situation. I have heard that if it closes this early he will need surgery to correct it. I am panicking! Anyone else have an early closure on a soft spot and what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Fun Fact....I heard your soft spot doesn't completly close until your almost 20 cause you need the room to grow.

But as far as the baby The doctor knows about it and if he/she is not concerned about just yet then I would try not to stress out about it right now.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• jaxon still has his and he is 10 months so an answer would be nice too!
    Amanda_82

Answer by Amanda_82 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• 10 months is normal to still have a soft spot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• P.S. The problem is usually when they close too early. They aren't really supposed to start closing until 6-9 months. Start, not FINISH. My son's appears to be beyond just starting. But his head is growing normally so that is why we don't know yet what the outcome will be.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Um, Don't know. Lol. He's 28 months old tomorrow.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2010