What do you look for in a church?

For a while now, I've serious been thinking about finding us a church to go to.

What do you look for in a church? or What is the best thing about your church?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1. I look for a non-denominational Christian church.
    2. Biblical teaching.
    3. Casual attire.. a more modern church.
    4. and I judge by the feeling I get when I walk in :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• A church that is very non-judgmental-for instance if someone walked in with piercings all over them everyone wouldn't stop and stare. A church with a large youth program. A church that is active in community projects. One that sticks to what the Bible teaches without throwing in it's own judgments.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I prefer a church that is non-judgemental. Research different church doctrines so you know how they feel about things like divorce, homosexuality, alcohol, etc. You want to attend a church whose beliefs are similiar to your own.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The holy spirit.

One my kids are happy and comfortable in.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would love to find a church filled with people who have open minds and open hearts (isn't that a Methodist slogan or something?) and not a bunch of busy-bodied old women. We have yet to find one, though, so if you do, please send directions. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• 1.) Good, Strong, Anointed Biblical Teaching, with lots of scriptural reference.

2.) I have to be able to feel the presence and peace of God.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• A church where you can feel the love from other members. Where you are welcomed and not-judged. Where The Holy Spirit is allowed to move. Where there are people from all walks of life working together. Where the senior pastor and associate pastors bear good fruit. Where the teaching is bible-centered. Where there are outreach ministries. Where there are small groups where members can get together to fellowship and grow spiritually. Where it is more focused on being a follower of Christ than "religion." Where there is a good children's ministry..very important to me because I want my dd to feel loved and secure.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• a quick exit. j/k I've never been a big church goer :)

I'd say in all seriousness, whatever one you feel that connection with. The one that makes you feel this is the right place for you.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• One that is good with my kids. I have an autistic 3 year old so his comfort is important. I also have a 7 month old so a good nursery is another thing I like. Our church is wonderful. It took us a while to find it, but I'm glad we did. You have to find somewhere your family feels comfortable. Good luck!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We also looked for a church that had programs for children and teenagers, but I think the most important thing is to find a church where you feel comfortable and welcomed.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2010