Is this immature for an adult to be into?

DHs who like to play video games?

Whats the difference if he likes sports, hardware or cars a lot? How are those more mature?

Its just a hobby, a way to pass the time when there's nothing else to do, an escapism. They all are.

How is knowing a buncha useless sports stats or car specs more mature than playing a harmless video game esp if they aren't into those other things?

Its better than being an alcoholic or a drug addict. As long as they are a good dad and DH, I don't care what they do for off-time activities.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• no i dont think adults playing video games are immature...actually, the fact that my SO is still a kid at heart in one of my favorite things about him. he plays video games all the time...not only by himself, but with my older son (a great bonding experience for them) and with me. he is still a responsible man and works fulltime and helps around the house, so a fun hobby like video games doesnt take away from the maturity he shows as a father, step-father, SO, and employee...actually, he works with mentally handicapped adults and they LOVE it when he helps teach them new video games to play!...whoever said your DH is immature needs to get the stick out of their ass and learn to enjoy life a bit more...unless of course you DH is spending so much time playing that he is neglecting you, the kids, the household, or work. then it would be a problem.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• WOW, has someone said that your DH is immature to like video games? It doesn't matter what the hobby is as long as they are good father and husband.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Immature no, but guys (and kids) seem to get obsessed with video games. As long as he doesn't spend ALL his time playing I don't think it's a problem at all.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Playing games is one thing but obession is another. When it's something that is done for hours and hours or days on end, be it video gmaes, tinkering with cars, watching game after game, and none of it has anything to do with earning a living, that does not seem very mature. When something cuts into family time to a ridiculous extent, that is when it's a problem.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree with you. That description describes me! lol my husband isn't a gamer,but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he was

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If they are good husbands and fathers they should enjoy any hobby they like. But it should not cut into quality family time .
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't think playing video games is immature, i think it's FUN! Adults can enjoy themseves too without having to be called immature.

I am the video game freak in our house. DH does not play at all....i on the other hand, am quite addicted...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It depends on how much they play. There are people who get into it so much, that they let everything else in life go. Hobby and addiction are 2 different things. If its a healthy hobby, nothing wrong with it at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If he is playing all day then I think so but I play them sometimes and see no problem with an adult playing them as long as it doesn't take over their lives
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't look at it as immature, just maybe not the healthiest hobby IMO. My hubby (and myself) like hobbies that keep us active and get us out of the house. We don't want our children parked in front of the TV all the time so how would it look if we were? My DH hobbies are hunting, fishing, hiking, geo-caching (which are all things we can all do together as a family as well).
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010