Do swingers cheat

When a couple is swingers and they have sex with other people,are they cheating? How can swingers love their spouse and do this?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• My personal belief is that when you take a vow to be faithful to someone and forsake all others for them, then yes having sex with someone else is cheating. If you are together as a couple but not married, I still feel like it's cheating. That said, those are just my honest feelings and if that is what they want to do it's not my business and I have no interest in knowing what they do behind closed doors. The only time I had someone tell me they do this kind of thing, I couldn't talk to her anymore. I found it gross that she did that anyway and would have just told her that I didn't need to know about it but it ended two marriages due to the jealousy the swinging caused and after that I just couldn't even talk to her at all.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• As long as they agree on the relationship then IMO it's not cheating. It's cheating if one is sneaky around and lying.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No it's not cheating unless they are doing it with someone else behind the spouse's back.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Swingers do it BECAUSE they love their spouse. It's something both enjoy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't think it's cheating if they both agree on their decision and are open with it... It's their lifestyle choice so what they do is what they do...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• if both are aware and agree- then no
    i bet even swingers can lie to spouse about having a realtionship without other knowing- so this would be cheating

i could never be a swinger or be in an open relationship, i am just not built this way
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would think it was cheating and I know one thing is for sure it is Adultery!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would think it would be cheating if one party found another partner but hid it from their spouse. If both parties agree and enjoy the practice it doesn't fall into the cheating category, at least not to me.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010