What would you do or say if you heard someone make this remark??

my husband, two boys and I were in the store last night picking up a few things and we overheard some kids say "how can two such cute boys come from such ugly parents". We just kept walking and my oldest who is 6 said why did they say that about you guys? We just told him that some people are rude and don't know when to keep their comments to themselves.

Asked by Autumnlover68 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Clearly Ugly is not only on the outside...those people were "Ugly" were it really matters...down to the bone. That was outragious!! You handled it perfectly...some people have no manners and diahrrea of the mouth. I am sorry that this happened to you. I am sure that It is not true!!! is in the eye of the beholder. Look at how sexy Seal is ..and he is married to Heidi Klume. Some would look at him and say mean is in the attitude and in the confidence. Take care...don't let the creeps get ya down.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would have walked up the the person and told them to STFU

Answer by kaysha at 8:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• well to answer honestly, if i had my children w/ me i would have done exactly what u did. HOWEVER, if there were no children involved...hahaha...yeah.

Answer by hammes_cj at 9:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• WOW! That's really sad that some people are so unhappy with themselves or with their own life, that they are so concious of others. Don't take it to heart, jst know that you are a better person inside.

Answer by Gretchensgirls at 9:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• To gretchensgirls..I agree with you 100%!!! Autumnlover, now that you know this move your mental thoughts to more positive things.

Answer by braggabout at 10:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think I would have said to the boys that made that cruel remark....yes, I was just thinking that same thing about you boys!

Answer by Mom_2_3kids at 8:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would have found the kids parents and asked them if they realized what rude children they had!!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think you handled that BEAUTIFULLY!! On a good day I would have done the same as you. On a bad day, however, I would have been inclined to tell them just how ugly their behavior was before moving on. Stay beautiful where it counts the most, Autumnlover, and keep passing it on to your kids!

Answer by jessradtke at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008