I just found out that I am pregnant yesterday.. how do you break the news to a loving boyfriend who isn't too fond of the idea of a child right now?.. help!

Princess.xo

Asked by Princess.xo at 10:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well if he loves you he will understand.... he might be a little shocked at first but he should come around.... you just have to tell him... GL and congrats!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• just sit him down and tell him. he will be in shock at first but he'll come around. if he loves you, he'll understand and be there. ive been there, your gonna be scared to tell him at first but thats normal. you could even make him a nice dinner and tell him over dinner.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am definitely scared.. We are both only 20 years old. Although I am pretty mature, & I know I can handle this (Child-care is my career) I don't know how he will take it. He had said before, that if it were to happen, he'd like me to get an abortion.. which I simply cannot do. I hope he will be okay & come around :(
    Princess.xo

Comment by Princess.xo (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• He will I found out I was pregnant at 20 as well. He was very mad at first but then he called down and happily embraced what was happening. Just be patient and he will come around.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i took a pic of the pregnancy tests and sent them in a pic message to my DH and said "guess whos pregnant" and he texted "hopefully not u" and then called me and although he wasn't to enthused about it, he had to accept it cause its happening weather he likes it or not and he knows i can't do the whole abortion thing as well... it may take a lil bit but he will have to get used to it.... if he's old enough to have sex he has to accept that he's old enough to have a baby as well...
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just set him down and tell him. If he love you he will understand. It took two to make this baby.
    good luck and congrats
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I told him.... & my life is a living hell. He just left & apparently we aren't going to talk for a while, he wants me to abort it & I can't. I couldn't be more upset right now.. :'(
    Princess.xo

Comment by Princess.xo (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010