Someone told me...

That touching the cervix can start labor. And I don't mean pushing, or irritating it, but just accidentally touching it. I'm not saying that's far-fetch, but is this true? NO, I am not touching my cervix, I was just wondering if that is real or if it is some medical myth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• this again? didn't we already answer it????
    Anonymous

• @ the answer above, i accidentally closed it
    Anonymous

• OIC :)

I started dilating at 20 weeks. My doctor refused to do internal exams so that it would not cause further dilation.

if if you aren't meaning to touch it, the touch can irritate it, which could possibly start labor.
    Anonymous

• @ Anonymous,
    did you have a medical condition, ie: placenta issues or cervical incompetence?
    j/w.
    Anonymous

• whenever my doc checked my cervix I always started contracting whether it continued into labor or not. That was usually when I did any dialating....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008