Looking for a white rabbit for Christmas

Anyone know where I could find a white rabbit for my daughter for christmas in Northern VA? I already tried the animal shelters and pet stores.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pets

• Sure you want one? They (their poop) smell really bad. Anyways, maybe somebody is giving one away on Craigslist.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would check Craigs list and also see if there is a Freecycle group in your area.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Check out pet finders there is a rabbit rescue in Northern Va and they have their rabbits listed on the petfinders site

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=Rabbit&pet_breed=&location=&startsearch=Search

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Petharbor/ petfinders/ craigslist/ your local paper are always good places to start, you can also try your local animal shelter. Believe it or not they often get other animals besides cats and dogs.
    MommyWoes

Answer by MommyWoes at 12:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Make sure before you get the rabbit that you have the money, the space, the time, the energy and patience for a rabbit. You can't just live them in their cages all the time. They need exercise, they need to have time spent with them.

Rabbits can also get impacted teeth if you don't provide them with something to gnaw on.

Pets for Christmas presents are generally a bad idea. When they cease to be cute and cuddly anymore the shelters get to deal with them.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• check your local shelters as well. Many take in other animals aside from dogs and cats. I was visiting my local shelter today to get information and take pictures for a project I am working on and there were 2 gerbals and 6 rabbits. But like Asid Pets as Christmas presents are not always a good idea many animals adopted as a Christmas present get returned pretty quickly. Many Shelters will not even adopt out around Christmas for this reason.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010