where should my mom get her divorce lawyer from?

where should my mother get her divorce lawyer from should she get him from north ga where she and her husband lived and he still lives or from south ga where she lives with me now?

Jenny_Rose

Asked by Jenny_Rose at 1:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• You need to find out how long she needs to be living in South Ga with you before she can file..
    Different states have different laws on how long you have to be a resident to file for divorce.
    Pick up the phone in your state and ask the same question to a lawyer there, they would be able to answer you in two seconds.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you can also call the County Clerk's office or look online to see residency requirements for filing.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008