when your child/children learn or do something new is the father there to see it?

my sons father has missed out on so much of his life accomplishments....he missed him talking for the first time,crwling,walking,first teeth,potty training,ride a bike with training wheels on,riding a bike on the road without training wheels,his first major boo boo,his dad wouldnt even come to the hospital to make sure he was ok...he missed jayden learning how to write his name,his ABC's,counting to 10,learning his full name,his birthday...he missed so much and he wonders why jayden doesnt want anything to do with him...

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, even though I am a single mom, my daughter spends a lot of time with her daddy. Her dad lives 15 minutes away so it's easy for him to see her every day. He was there almost every time she learnt something new. He was there when she started walking, but he missed her crawling for the first time. I missed her first time saying "momma".. He tought her how to ride a bike, he was there first day of school, he's there every day.
    I think you need to have a serious talk with Jayden's father.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• the sad part is me and jaydens dad are split up now....we were together for 6 years and married for almost 2 years.....his dad is one of those people who dont care about nothing or no one unles it benefits him! i told him constantly things need to change or me and jayden are leaving and he told me 2 different things....you can leave but my son stays with me,and he has also told me to take jayden and move back in with my mom and dad because he cant stand either one of us.......he is a jerk,there is no talking to him,he is so into drugs that if he didnt have them he would probably die....i told him to stop the drugs too but he told me that he had the drugs before me,he had them with me,and he will have them after me.....that right there shows you he just doesnt care about me or our son....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Not exactly, but my kids are older and we do most of our educating when hubby is at work. He does see what we do when he comes home for lunch and when the girls are working on a project they will share that with him.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• thats the thing,everytime jayden learned something new he wanted to show daddy,but daddy told him to go away that he didnt care what he wanted to show him because he was busy...his dad seen everything i taught jayden but he didnt believe it was me teaching him...he thought someone else was teaching him....i dont know who he thought it was....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My husband works from home so he's involved with the the kids in every way... homeschooling, field trips, play time, meals & everything else we do.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010