Is ur DD getting the Gardasil vax?

I got the vax 3 years ago. I got HPV a year and a half ago but since i was pregnant we couldnt do anything. they took a biopsy last week and i have a follow up apt monday to find out if i have cervical cancer! i got the vax before insurance covered it since the doc thought i was at such a high risk for it since my grandmother past away from cervical cancer and my mom had it as well! but i dont sleep around ive had sex with a grand total of 3guys including my hubby. i dont think the shot was worth it! im 21 years old and prolly have cancer great! and yes i know the shot was only for a few types of hpv and that there 13 different types but y me? i have a great husband, a darling 9 month old baby girl! life just isnt fair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• There are A LOT of strains of HPV, and the vaccination DOES NOT protect you from all of them, just some of the virulent ones.
    Most people who get a colposcopy DON'T have cancer (that is the procedure where they did the biopsy), but they want to RULE IT OUT. If if turns out to be malignant, it's likely they caught it early enough (medicine has advanced a lot since your grandmother's time).
    Go easy on yourself. A lot of people have benefited from Gardasil. When we have a daughter, I plan to get it for her.
    If you have a family history that strong, the vaccine may only be able to do so much about preventing it, too. The HPV can be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and, again, it can't prevent ALL cases of HPV.
    It's definitely worth getting it for your daughter when she's old enough, and hopefully, by then, it will prevent more strains of HPV.
    I hope everything turns out okay with your biopsy! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i'm sorry to hear that..i hope you don't have cancer *hugs* but to answer your question, no my dd will not get the vaccine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• 9 our of 10 times the biopsy shows that it's just abnormal cells, so I wouldn't stress too much over it now. As for the Vax, no i don't have any plans for my daughter to get it. She can decide that when she's older
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2010