If I report welfare fraud on-line is it anonymous?

I don't want the person knowing I reported them but I am sick of them working under the table and collecting every benefit known to man. I'm in CA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• All of that is supposed to be confidential. I'm so paranoid though I'd probably call so there would be no cyber trail out there somewhere. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• ShouldHaveLeft: did you notice she said they were working under the table? That is illegal. If they can work they don't need welfare! That's just as illegal as breaking into your house or stealing your car. WOrse in a way because they are taking away benefits from people who do need them to survive!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• They aren't allowed to say who reported...that' s my understanding. I doubt you have to give your name even if you call.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I plan to fill out a form on-line.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Technically they could track IP and all that if they wanted to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The welfare recipient?
    If welfare itself tracks me that's fine. I just don't want the welfare person to know. Clarify please.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Exactly! I am paranoid. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I meant welfare could track the IP. The welfare recipient shouldn't be able to figure out any of the online data - they could only get it from the welfare department.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Whew. Thanks for that. Welfare can know me, that's perfectly fine. I'm just so tired of liars getting ahead in life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The way I understand it is, everything has to have a contact person and phone number attached to it, otherwise people could report anonymously all day if they wanted.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2010