How long do you wait before telling family/friends that you're pregnant?

IF you can wait!

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• me and DH didn't tell anyone till 12 weeks, it's kinda funny when they think back they always are surprised they didn't guess it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We tell immediate family (Parents, siblings and there spouses) at 9 weeks. There rest of family and friends not till 12 weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I waited as long as it took the phone to ring and for them to pick up. It's too exciting to hold to myself.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We found out at night and told everyone the next morning and live in a small town so news spread fast. With our next one we are going to wait until someone says something to my dh's mom who works in the center of where all the gossip takes place at our convience store.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I told my mom, MIL & FIL the night we found out, but all our friends we waited until I was like b/t 6-10 weeks along. On Thanksgiving, I am going to tell the rest of my family. I'm scared to tell anyone though b/c I am considered high risk and have had a lot of bleeding and I do not want to have a miscarriage. I would have waited longer to tell my friends, but my DH was too excited and couldn't wait and split the beans.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I couldn't wait lol I was so excited....I was 7 weeks
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No one but hubby until I'm showing. We have 4 now and no one seems to get as excited as us anymore.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I waited till i'm 12weeks. It's hard to hold a secret tho
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i'm about 4 months now and still have not told my family. only told him mom-like-aunt, and our friend cause they kept offering me drinks.
    tristanjsmom

Answer by tristanjsmom at 3:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2010