Potty Training HELP!!!

My DD is 2.5 yrs. old and we have been potty training for about 2 months now. She tee-tees in the potty just fine, and will even tell me when she has to go. I absolutely cannot get her to poo in the potty. We have tried EVERYTHING. Stickers, m&m's, reading on the potty, a timed schedule, having her watch us go potty, even recently taking away toys and the like when she poos in her panties. I REALLY do not want to go the pull up route, but she is pooping up to three times a day in her panties and it's getting very stressful. I understand that children do this at different rates, but she has long since shown all the readiness signs. She knows when she needs to go poop, and will immediately come and tell me when she does it. Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i'm on the same boat with my son! i bumped you! He's got pee'ing in the potty down. I trust him enough to leave the house with underwear on. We did however experience 2 nasty poopy underpants and a small puddle on the floor while at a friends house the other day, but I'm guessing since we werent home he kinda forgot? I dont know. But pooping he refuses to do in the potty.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would say no panties or bottoms she won't want to poop on the floor.Tell her big girls poopy in the potty and she is a big girl now.
    This worked when my second son was 2.5 and would not poop in the toilet.
    Mia81

Answer by Mia81 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well, just a suggestion of what we did with my granddaughter. We bought some of those Can-do wipes, for big kids. We made a BIG deal of going to the store to get them, let her help pick them out, made a point of telling her they are for big kids, not babies. And, told her she could only use them if she pooed in the potty. She was so excited to be using big kid wipeys, she started going poo in the potty. May not work on every kid, but it's worth a shot. They love to feel involved, and like they are doing something different from babies. Hope you are able to get her potty trained really soon.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010