What to do with neighbors that are dirty?

omg ok let me tell u my house is clean and dont get as dirty as this ladys apartment my normal dirty is kids clothes or toys maybe some shoes but the neighbor upstairs is completly filthy clothes trash beer bottles cigerette butts u name it she gots it specially with kids now i am finding cockerroaches in my kitchen

motherat27

Asked by motherat27 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• Call the landlord and file a complaint
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You're in an apartment, I would think the manager is the right place to start. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Call your building manager. They should do something about it. Also, does your city have code enforement? Maybe they could do something depending on what your city code is. What about the heath department? I don't know if they will do anything, but it never hurts to call and see.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Oh, that is bad. At times I get a little behind in the cleaning,but that is gross. Um, maybe have an intervention, or nicely find away to tell her that her poor house keeping is affecting your home too. I had a friend who would clean another friend's house for them, because their house was gross. Not that is a good solution, way help foster poor cleaning. If you can call a pest control company and have them spray your apartment to get rid of the roaches. Good luck.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes,that nasty.I live in a apt too.They have a pest control come out and spray for bugs here.But it don't help much.We have bugs too and have reported it to the apt manager but they have done nothing.Figures.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yuck. When I was younger and still lived with my mom, we rented an apt for a while and there were some nasty people in the apt next to us and it was so bad that bugs were coming into our side even though we are SUPER clean. We ended up being able to break our lease with no issues once the management discovered how filthy the neighbors were.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010