I don't get why it's such an issue!

People act like it's the crime of the century to just not fall at gay people's feet, and accept what they do wholeheartedly. Last time I checked, this is still America, and if someone wants to disagree with homosexuality, for whatever reason, they can still do that without having to explain in great detail why! That is, everywhere except on this site. Led by one woman, there is a band of ladies on here, who are convinced that either everyone agree with,and blindly accept the gay lifestyle, or be beaten over the head till they leave the site. I saw this happen the other night, and thought it was dispicable the way one woman was treated, simply because she refused to compromise her beliefs. Doesn't make her's wrong, and the other person's right, it just makes her's different, and that is what we are allowed in America. So, if someone doesn't agree, don't force them to, just accept it, and move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• But, the same holds true for when someone says a Christian is blind, and can't understand why they would blindly raise their child to believe in God. As far as I can see, that is just as insulting, since most Christians hold their faith very close to their hearts,and are very serious about it. "

I agree with you on this. People really should avoid person jabs regarding sexuality, religion, and parenting choices. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done when you're in a DEBATE section.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• http://www.ipprospective.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/troll-web.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree, everyone should ahve there own opinion.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion and shouldn't be bashed for it. However, when they try to take away the rights of others because of their opinion, that is wrong. I don't expect anyone to fall at the feet of gay people, but I do expect them to treat them with respect, just as they would any other human being. It's one thing to disagree with a lifestyle, but it's quite another to try to oppress them because of your beliefs or opinion. The same goes for people of all religions, race, etc. I personally don't usually waste my time trying to change someone's mind because most people are quite set in their ways. If they want to be prejudice, let them. They're the ones harboring bad feeling and hate, and hate is most poisonous to the one who holds it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You don't have to like homosexuality, Sinply don't engage in it if that's the case. However to deny homosexual couples the same legal rights granted to straight couples is discrimination.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The lady who was being ganged up on had at some point reached her limit, and snapped.

And as I explained to you in your other post where you swore off the debate sections completely - she was not "ganged up" on. She followed multiple posters around from section to section, flaming them and baiting them repeatedly. She was on autofire to the point she couldn't even keep track of who she was attacking in which question anymore. Context, which you are lacking. Unless, of course, you're really that poor "ganged up on" poster just trying to troll them out one more time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Last time I checked, this is still America, and if someone wants to disagree with homosexuality, for whatever reason, they can still do that without having to explain in great detail why!

You could say that about about racists, too. You can't stop someone from feeling that way, you can't force them to accept other races. But, YOU CAN STOP THEM from taking away rights of those they don't approve of. This is America after all.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I know exactly which thread you're referring to also. I responded to it, and looking back, that woman was pretty ganged up on, which isn't necessarily right, even if everyone did disagree with her. She did kind of ask for it, but there are mature ways to handle disagreements and often that isn't the route taken on this site. I'm not innocent, though...I've responded in an immature fashion a few times myself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It isn't a lifestyle. It isn't a choice. However, I don't care what anyone's opinion is on it really as long as you don't use the Bible to back it up or try to keep basic human rights from all.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Anon, I don't think you quite realize the origins of the post in question and all that went on. Either that or you're the same person back under another name and "asking" as anon. Afterall the right to ask questions anonymously on cafemom is one that is granted to all and does not have to be earned like the privelege to answer questions anonymously.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010