Have you ever walked a Labyrinth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth

Did you find it meditative?
Serene?

Would you want to walk a Labyrinth?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Does a corn maze count, if it does then yes I have.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• MamaK88

Comment by MamaK88 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No, I haven't, but I'd try it.
    .Lovemybabies.

Answer by .Lovemybabies. at 12:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes I have, one our local cathedrals has one. And honestly, I think I was too young to get the point, I was more worried about falling over - cause you have to walk one foot in front of the other - than I was about being meditative... I would love to do it again now that I understand the point more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yep, I've done it before. It took me awhile to realize it was for meditation. Generally we just raced around it. But now I really enjoy the peace and quiet of just walking and listening to nature/the divine. I wish there was one near here.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes I have... I found it relaxing and reflective.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes. when i was about 7 1/2 months pregnant, my then-bf thought it'd be 'fun' and peaceful to take a walk at the one behind the nun's housing at a local catholic school. it was a nice, sunny day..and although i didn't want to do it (i didn't want to do anything when i was pregnant..standing on my feet at the salon 8-10hrs /day/5days/wk was enough for me), i can't say i meditated or even thought on spiritual things..as the sun was casting a shadow on my pregnant form and for the first time i realized i looked PREGNANT, and not just fat. i'll never forget it! it was a turning point in my pregnancy, since i was in shock/denial for the most part.
    go ahead, laugh if you must. i still do. but that was my one and only experience walking a labyrinth. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Funniest thing is I first heard about this on a Touched by an Angel episode where Andrew and Tess were walking one and Monica had no clue what they were doing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes and yes, I think they are wonderful but preparation before is a must. We are planning to put a small on in our yard this spring. Last time I was asking for a favor of the Lord and Lady for a son who was leaving for Iraq and it worked beautifully.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 8:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, there is one in Lewes, DE and there is a beautiful one in a church in DC but I can't remember the name.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010