Do you nurse your baby?

If you did how long?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've nursed my son and still do. He's almost 13 months. We're about to stop because he's beginning to pull my shirt down in public to be fed.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We did for 18 1/2 months. I think I may go longer next time around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes until she self weaned at 11 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Oh, and he's 14 months and still goin' strong.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i did too. with both of my kids. and if we had another i would breastfeed that one too. it's just a wonderful thing. my son nursed for only 4 months. i had little support and lived in a city that breastfeeding was rarely heard of. with my daughter i breastfed her until she was 12 months because the town i live in offer a lot of support
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• 13 months and counting. Never planned on doing it that long. I'm a SAHM, so that simplifies things quite a bit. I like not wondering if she's getting enough nutrition. Tots can be so picky. Besides, we are heading into flu season, so any extra help I can give her is good. There is just so much I like about it. Mainly, fewer dishes and less worry. I have a little weekend trip planned in the spring and my milk doesn't keep, so, we'll see what happens as she'll be 18 months old. We had such a rough nursing start, and I don't think I want more kids, so I'm in no hurry to wean.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes for 6 months so far and I hope I can make it for a year.
    prarich

Answer by prarich at 12:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I did, but only could for the first four months. I wish I could have gone longer but due to medical stuff for my son, I couldn't. Next time around I would like to nurse longer.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• absolutely! :)
    Adelicious

• My first DD I nursed for 5 weeks and then I stopped because my family made me feel very uncomfortable about it. My second DD, I nursed for 5 months and stopped when I introduced solids because I felt uncomfortable with it at that point.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2010