Ideas for diets?

I am at 150 lbs (my heaviest) and so NOT happy about it.... anyone to share ideas that work?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• my recent goal is to go down to 150!! I'm at 160. I'm about 15 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight. I've reduced my portions, eat healthy snacks, drink lots of water and i'm very active with my son. I dont exercise daily but I usually do cardio workouts for 30 minutes plus. Past couple of weeks I've lost 5 pounds!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My husband and I talked with our doc first...but basically we cut calories during the week. We eat four 300-400 calorie meals a day. It takes a little longer for results than many crash diets but you also kinda train yourself to eat smaller portions with out going hungry. When i say during the week...I mean Sunday thru Friday, we do our lower cal meals, and on Saturday, if we want to cheat a little or a lot, we do. i have lost 10 lbs in about 3 months. My husband has lost 20. Sometimes its necessary that we cheat during the week too, depending on family functions and stuff like that. It sounds like we are eating nothing, but you'd be surprised at what you can eat and still lose the weight. You don't have to sit around and munch on veggies and cardboard all day to get those calories....

Anonymous

• ...cont from anon above...I still try to get veggies and good things but sometimes for breakfast I'll have a sausage biscuit (frozen from the store, NOT turkey sausage either) for like 280 calories and still have a cup of coffee. It's all up to you how you want to spend those calories. Anyway, best to check with the doc first tho. Good luck!!

Anonymous

• If you would like, you can check out my journal post about weight loss. It is too long to copy and paste in here, but I hope it helps:) Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Don't do diets in the sense of restricting yourself from specific foods or addatives. Portion your meals to a medium size, eat well balanced meals every meal, and eat three meals a day. Cut out soda completely and preferably any caffinated products all together. Don't be fooled by "Vitimin Water" it's basically sugar water, so stay away from those.

Excersise should consist of 20-30 minutes of cardio a day. Cardio is the ultimate in fat burning. Remember that you lose inches before you lose the lbs, because muscle weighs more then fat. As you work out you build music, regardless of what excersise you're doing. So don't be discouraged when you don't see a difference in weight right away. As well, do Yoga and/or Pilates to help tone and strengthen your body as you lose the weight. That should be done every other day. This is a tested and proven method by many, including myself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• low or no carbs (bread pastas cereal), and if you must make it whole grain. high lean protein ( chicken turkey fish), lots of fruits & veggies. drink lots of water. lots of cardio & strength training. & check into mega-t green tea pills, they really work.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Honestly, the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to watch your calorie intake and exercise. Drink plenty of water and avoid nasty carbs and try to eat plenty of fresh WHOLE foods. Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010