Could someone PLS break down the Cafemom lingo?

Holy crap, maybe my brain doesnt function fast enough lately, but WTF is with all the short hand? What is a DD? I get SO, MIL... but there are soooo many... Is it THAT hard to type out?

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 1:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• good question cause i was wondering that to lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• DD is dear daughter.
    DS is dear son.
    DH is dear husband.
    I guess sometimes we get a little lazy and use these instead.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The D is usually for Dear or Darn, depending on context. Therefore, DD -- dear daughter, DS -- dear son, DH -- dear husband (that's probably the one that is darn, dang, damn, dumb, whatever, more than not. Somewhere on the cafemom log-in/home page there should be a list decoding these (I KNOW we have one at ClubMom.) Search cafemom for a list and I bet you find a 100 posts, if not more.

I have to agree on the typing thing. Is it really THAT hard? Especially when you start needing a secret decoder ring (hey, cafemom, I did NOT get mine; where is it, please?) to figure out some of this crap. But many can't grasp the need for basic punctuation, so you know, what can you expect? I see you know WTF, which is one of my favorites. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• LOLI have the same problem! I've figured out DD DS DH MIL SO and SAHM=Stay at home mom, WAHM=Work at home mom, and STBEH=soon to me ex husband....other then that I'm as lost as you are LOL WHAT is PIOG and TMI????? Good luck momma
    MelodyLG

Answer by MelodyLG at 1:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh oh... I know this one TMI- too much information... Laugh Out Loud... heh heh..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• To Answer Melody's ???

LOL= Laogh Out Loud
    PIOG = Posted in Other Groups
    BUMP = no body knows the answer but is posting a response to keep your question near the top
    micjones

Answer by micjones at 2:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Thank you micjones, I see the PIOG one ALL the time and never knew what it meant. You are my hero!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Right, you are! I am guessing and got some of it. I don't text much and figured this was all common knowledge for abbreviations among texters (or tweeters) It sure cuts down on the typing so I like the SD DH BM SS.... wish there was a glossary somewhere on this website for that..
    Mom_Gram45

Answer by Mom_Gram45 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would never refer to my kids or husband (and I do love them) as dear daughter/son/husband...I do know they do it here but I think it is oddly weird. Nobody talks like that in public, my 'dear daughter' started highschool today......lol. I haven't adapted to the DH/DS/DD or anything else,.....stick with husband,son,daughter and sound like less of a dork. haha
    RealtorHolly

Answer by RealtorHolly at 3:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009