question about what they will do about my bladder infection

I have a bladder infection I am 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I haven't seen a doctor yet because i am having problems with insurance, i havent seen one my entire pregnancy so far. Now I have a bladder infection i know its not a uti and am reasonably sure its not a kidney infection yet, I want to go get it treated but dont really want to go to the er, do i have time to wait a week to try and get into a dr or is that enough time for it to get bad, also is there a way to fix it with out meds? If i go to the er, what will they do since i dont have an *official* due date, what tests will they do for the infection? just on my urine prescribe me something and let me go or will there be blood tests and ultrasounds and exams

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It usually will not clear on it's own if it hasn't already. Go get it treated and make sure they know you are pregnant. There are antibiotics that are safe for pregnant woment ot take. They will probably just do a urine test. They **might ** do bloodwork if something seems amiss, but I don't think it will be necessary.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• hey PLEASE get it taken care of, 2 of my friends lost their babies due to a kidney infection!!!!! dont worry about the money!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• they will give you antibiotics that are safe for pregnancy
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You're 27 weeks and haven't seen a Dr. yet? You need to. There are clinics you can go to for help. They can base it on your income. You can also go to your local social services and get set up with medicaid or whatever they call it in your state. You need to get to a Dr. now. If you have an infection it's not going to be good for you or your unborn baby... In the morning get up, and start calling or get out and get some help.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you don't have insurance go to the health department and they can help you get it while you are pregnant. It's best to be seen by a doctor for any kind of infection right away while pregnant.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Drinking 100% Cranberry juice helps with the pain of a UTI, but it doesn't make it go away.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010