Anyone ever wait a long time before seeing a doctor while pregnant

How did the dr and nurses treat you? how far along were you? and did they do alot more on your first appointment then on a normal first appt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i went without prenatal care and my daughter is fine...was young and scared at the time so luckily everyhting turned out fine,
    DKK2010

Answer by DKK2010 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• They will check you vaginally,measure you, and then possibly an ultra sound since you've had no care at all. They will ask you a number of questions, and if you're the one with the bladder infection, they will probably prescribe an antibiotic. Get to the Dr. if not for you, do it for your baby!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• forgot to add dr and nurses were a bit surprised but they treated me well.
    DKK2010

Answer by DKK2010 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i did for both of my pregnancies. the first time I went was when i was 5 months along. I didn't know i was pregnant, it never showed till i was 7months. they did the usual work but i had to go in more often to catch up on other necessary lab work. This last time i went in around 6 months, again i didn't know i was pregnant until i felt movement at 4 months, we had the run around trying to figure out what to do ( we weren't ready for another one so soon), had the same doctor, and went through the same thing.

Both babies are healthy, nothing went wrong, and no one judged us. Doc and Nurses were very professional.

MakG

Answer by MakG at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I didn't figure out that I was pregnant until I was 26 weeks. The doctors and nurses treated me just fine. They were a little more worried about me and the baby, but I had a very unusual case. I was 38 yrs old, had broken my neck in high school and had a stoke 2 years earlier, so it made them a little more anxious.lol DS was 7lbs 4oz and very healthy! Just take care of yourself and your baby now with the help of the medical professionals and you should both be happy and healthy.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was 5 months along and it was only bc my Medicaid case worker was a complete loon...I actually went and sat in her office until she told me I was approved....my doc was worried more about why I waited so long, but after explaining it she was very understanding..I had an ultrasound the day I went in, and had to come back the next day for another one..luckily my pregnancy was healthy..and my doc was great. Stupid Medicaid case worker, I should have reported her or something..there's no way it takes that long to get approved.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm 5 months and haven't seen a "real" doctor yet. Not sure if I will, either!

Mom_to_kenzie: Medicaid should only take 4 to 6 weeks to be approved, and it can be retroactive 3 months from the date of application if you request it.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010