Do you know anyone who thinks breastfeeding is perverted or maybe you felt this way once?

I read this artical about this women who thought breast feeding was perverted and wron. She said it was a form of abuse. I thought that was odd but I know some people feel that way. I personally breastfeed myself but I know people who choose not to. I was wondering why they may feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know anyone personally who feels this way. I never would have imagined that people could feel that way until I joined Cafemom
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I had 2 really close friends that thought it was perverted when I was nursing my babies, and then they had their own, bottle fed, and later wished they had tried breastfeeding... It's a maturity thing for some people... They have to grow, mature , and finally realize they are wrong.. I just sat back and laughed, I didn't care what anyone thought, if I had I wouldn't have ever nursed our boys, thankfully I have a mind of my own.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have a friend who is Mexican and she felt that way, i think for her it was a cultural thing
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I cant really explain why I did not breast feed my son but I didnt. Its not like I thought it was child abuse or wrong I just didnt want to do it. I dont love him any less than a mother who did breast feed though :)
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Before I had a baby, I didn't know if I'd be comfortable with it when the time came. I never thought it was perverted though, and when I had my baby, it was completely natural.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I know this is not going to be a popular answer BUT... No I don't think it's perverted at all, but when a child is older, like 3 or older I do think it is wrong. I know of all the health benefits, but can't it be pumped and put into a cup. There are other ways to bond with your child than breastfeeding a preschooler.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Never, it is the best invention of nature, of God, that could have ever happened. I have a 6 month old and I never tire at being amazed at this wonder of nature.The supply is always as per need.It is pure and feels safe for the baby.It is something on which a life lives and grows exclusively for so many months.The baby does not need any outside stuff to drink.Breastmilk is also creamy at times unlike formula and seems to have just the right nutrition for the baby.So the act of feeding can never be perverted.
    prarich

Answer by prarich at 12:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't think breastfeeding is perverted, but I do know perverted men who like watching women who breastfeed in public.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I really comment the ladies that spoke up if they didnt breastfeed or felt funny. Its one of those questions that people are really strong in believing or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I know some people who think it is not necessarily perverted,but indecent. My friend even told me it made her uncomfortable when moms breastfed around her kids. Her reason,her dh & herself didn't fed her kids that way so they would ask questions that she wasn't ready to answer. I also encountered many ppl on Cafemom who think breastfeeding is perverted. Which seems odd, we were made with the equipment to feed our children right onto our bodies. So how is using what your god gave you to nourish your child perverted. Are those ppl saying god is a perv? hm??????????????????.............................
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 12:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010