Should you get onto your boyfriend for not helping you at all with the baby?

And all he does is go out and party.. while you stay at home and take care of the house>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• i did yell at my kids dad for not helping me alot well with my son he didnt but when my daughter came he helped for the first 2 weeks cause i had my tubes tied and it was hard getting out of bed
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If he is young, it is to be expected. Sorry. Don't kill yourself trying to force him to help more. You will only be pissed and make yourself crazy. It's rare for a guy to step up to the plate and be a man to a family that he might not have been ready for (I'm not saying it's anyone's fault). Hang in there. Take care of the you and take care of the baby. Try to show him by example of what needs to be done to be responsible parents. He may take notice and get on board by your positive influence, instead of being pressured. I hope he grows up soon for your family's sake. Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i would recommend a conversation rather than nagging and demanding (getting onto implies that). i suggest reminding him the baby is both your responsibility and be very clear about what you think he should be doing... be specific. it may be that he just doesn't really know what to do and feels too embarrassed to ask. give him the benefit of the doubt the first time and treat him respectfully even if it doesn't feel like he's doing that for you. get your goal clear before the conversation and don't do finger pointing... and ask him what his thoughts are too... you're in this together. but definitely don't sit and let it stew...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes. ur not the only one that made the baby, i yell at my kids father all the time for that. I ALWAYs get up in the morning with her, when she takes her nap thats what he seems to get up.. then when she wakes up he thinks its ok to nap!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he is a boy not a man....If you have to tell him to do it, isn't that the same thing as
    him not wanting to do it...
    Why would you want to be with someone who parties all the time anyway?
    Anonymous

• um yeh you should!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i don't think nagging at him will change who he is. you can ask him to help you but if he doesn't want too then he won't no matter how much you nag at him. so you have to decide if it's worth the effort or just to accept him for who he is. nagging at him will only make him question if he likes you or not. men don't like getting nagged at but worst they don't like being accepted for who they are. you should pick better next time if you want a man to be more committed then a partier. if you ask me it sounds like your relationship is over since he is out partying in the first place.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes, you need to tell him to do his part. If he won't, then you'd better think long and hard about this relationship.

until he does shape up, no more babies with this guy. And that might mean no more sex till he does shape up or ship out.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes u should. its his kid to, and if i were you i would tell him to stay his ass at home and help out with hte baby and the house. h
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008