fear of stomach flu/viruses.....

why am i so scared of them? any tiny twinge in my stomach or if my daughter spits up more than im comfortable with and i immediately think there is a stomach virus in our house and we are about to spend the next 3 days puking and pooping everywhere....im so scared!! i dont know if i can take care of her while sick...and if she gets it i will be so scared for her...and i have no reason to think about it every 5 seconds....anyone else like this? i actually start to panic just thinking about it... i just need to relax right??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• I do get a bit nervous when I think about stomach viruses, they are SO not fun. just take care of yourself and your family and do what you can to avoid germs and contamination, that is all you can do.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• When I went to Respiratory School, they said that there is actually a study trying to show that the stomach flu can really be tracked back to bad food. I wonder what ever came of that? It does always seem like it's confined to one home. I know you can get the respiratory type of flu and still have stomach issues, but I don't generally hear about the stomach flu these days.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well it isnt really 'influenza' so stomach flu isnt really a good name for it but i keep hearing about it hitting families in my town...its a virus...usually a 24 hr thing and it usually happens around this time of year...it sucks really bad but its a part of life... i just dont know why im so scared of it...its ike i think its going to HIT me any moment
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I hate to see my girls sick, Montanna is so skinny little chicken legs...I found it helpful to have wipes around when they have diarreah, feels better than plain TP..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010