TMI- Ingrown Hair and Razor bumps any cures? adult content

I shaved my bikini area and when the hair grew back I had a lot of razor bumps and ingrown hairs (I know it's yucky). What canI do to help with them so they'll heal and not be painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• After you shave, apply unscented deodrant stick on it. I shaved for 15 years and a stripper gave me the idea and it works. I wax now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You can exfoliate your skin with a shower mitten or a washcloth. Exfoliating pretty much gets rid of the razor bumps and ingrown hairs all together. It also helps with the itching of having the hair grow back.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• for now you just mostly have to tough it out. its not medically the right thing to do, but i would get out the tweezers and dig out the ingrown hairs (im a little OCD about ingrown hairs), then swab the area with astringent or toner to kill any bacteria. the irritation will then go away in a day or two. in the future, when you shave down there, make it the last thing you do in the shower to give the area time to soften and the pores to open up a bit. then exfoliate the area by scrubbing with some body scrub on a loofah or natural sponge (my favorite). then shave with a sharp razor (preferably one with 4 blades, i like schick quattro the best). when you get out of the shower, swab the area with astringent or toner (to kill bacteria). it will burn like hell for a few seconds but then it stops. then apply facial moisturizer to the area (to prevent ingrown hairs and dryness). i promise this method works like a charm ;)
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• for ingrown hairs, apply a warm compress for 5 mins do this a few times and it got rid of one on my tattoo on my leg. i was in pain but more worried about ruining my tattoo. lol. moisture that area and change razor blades frequently may help.GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Here's a page with good information about ingrown hairs, what causes them, how to avoid them, what to do if you have one - and what NOT to do! http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com/ingrown-hair.html
    savvyone

Answer by savvyone at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• After you shave, use a roll-on deodorant over the area.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Alot of people recommend Tend Skin but they warn that it burns a bit.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 2:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010