Charlie horse feeling in my groin? Help.. Have you experienced this?

I am 33 weeks and I have been having what feels like charlie horses in my groin- Left and Right. When it happens it takes my breath away. I can't walk because of the pain. They happen when I am just sitting or standing not moving (They also occur when I walk as well). Would this be considered round ligament pain even if I am not moving when it occurs? Baby hasn't moved since I have been feeling these pains either. Have you had something like this before? Help!?

amanda1503

Asked by amanda1503 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could it be the sciatic nerve?? Sometimes the baby rests on it and it can hurt like hell.
    Anonymous

• "Sciatica pain is typically felt from the low back to behind the thigh and radiating down below the knee."

I am not sure if that is what it is (maybe it could be but that isn't where I am feeling it)....Surely someone has experienced this?
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It's the round ligaments stretching..And yes its horrible. I assume this is your first pregnancy? The pain with my first ws so horrible I could'nt move, I could'nt speak, I could'nt breath until it passed. Google round ligament pain and you should be able to get a clearer understanding of whats going on. If you find the pain so unbearable after you've read up on it a bit, please call your doctor as it may be something else.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008