my daughter is 8 months old, can she drink the smart sip?

calaina

Asked by calaina at 12:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never heard of smart sip - what is it?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• All kids are different of course, but my youngest niece is 7 months old and drinks from smart sip cups all the time. They are my cousin's favorite ones.

I would say buy just one and see how she does with it for now. If she can handle it and loves it then you can get her a couple more; if she isn't quite ready you can put it up and try it out periodically until she is able to use it.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• OH ok so it's a cup? (Sorry I thought maybe it was some kind of nutritional kid's drink) I tried looking it up on the internet but all that came up was some computer software. :\ Yes I agree with NEMommaof3, just try her out - if she can handle it by all means, give it to her! :) My girl preferred a straw before she was used to the sippy cups, so I always got her cups with straws. I didn't know that was out of the ordinary until much later. Now she's 2 1/2 and she still drinks from sippy cups (just to prevent spillage) but if we're sitting at the table & she's not active I give her a regular cup now and she does well.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you are talking about the Gerber Smart Sips drink - then no, it's designed for toddlers not babies. She needs to have formula or breastmilk, and very small amounts of juice if you allow it.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I know people say shes too little blah blah. I say its your kid and if she likes it and it goes good with her then buy it. I never listened to that crap. My dd was off formula at 11 mths not a yr or after. Not bashing those who listen to that but it is your kid and your decisions.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010