Do you do a Christmas letter w/your card's?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• I actually love getting the Christmas update letters - even enjoy giggling over the bragging ones. I may cut back on my list since I've caught up with so many people on Facebook. Every year I make a wreath out of Christmas cards and I keep them all. Years ago I started a Christmas photo book so I could update each year - It's very amusing to watch the kids grow up over the years...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No! Lol, those annual family update letters are not my style. A simple Family Photo Christmas card works fine for me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Not yet, but I might start this year. My Grandpa did before he passed (it will be 2 yrs in April)... it's nice to keep a tradition like that going.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes. I do.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 12:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No, I don't. Every time I try to write one, it sounds like I'm bragging, so I gave up. Some people can seem to write a nice one, just letting others know what's going on in their family. If so, go for it. Just be careful how it's worded. Say Johnny is enjoying playing soccer this year, not Johnny was the best player on the team, even his coach said so. You get the drift.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't do any of that now. I used to send out cards with pictures when the kids were little. But now, they have all the family contacts on Facebook. I figure if anyone wants to know anything they can look at their page. I'm too lazy to keep up with people whom I don't care to keep in contact with anyway. Ugh...relatives.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I send the kid's school pictures in the Christmas cards.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I send out just christmas cards with a picture of the family...
    jojo153

Answer by jojo153 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No. When I get them I honestly don't read them, so I won't bother. I do a photo card of the kids.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No we send lots of cards and my kids will write letters to the grandparents to add in, but we don't send one to everyone on the list. We also don't send photos because what do you really do with the 15-20 wallet sized photos of extended family anyway? We keep photos of our kids and what they are doing on our website through the year for family to go and check out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010