Is it possible to be pregnant and still get regular periods?

Like the show "I didnt know i was pregnant" sometimes they said they had periods throughout the pregnancy and that's why they didn't know. I've had my period on time Sep Oct and Nov, yet all were very light and I was hardly bothered by them. I have been so exhausted lately and gassy, plus have more vaginal discharge than normal. Should i get a test done with my doctor or is it impossible to be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a pregnancy test
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It's possible... personally with me my periods stopped completely, but when I got pregnant with my 2 y/o, apparently our next door neighbor was pregnant too, but didn't find out until I was already 4 or 5 months!! She had her little boy about a month ahead of me, and she never knew she was pregnant! She said she always had irregular periods, though, but one day her boobs started to leak and she ran to the doc and that's how she found out.
    Yes I would go to the doc if you're having any doubts... have you taken a home pregnancy test yet? If not get the digital EPT's - they flat out tell you "Pregnant" or "Not prengnant". No guessing if maybe that 2nd line is popping up or not because it's really faint.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My best friends mom said she had periods during her pregnancy so its possible.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I doubt it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Get a test done - I had a light "period" (really, it was a bloody discharge, not a real period) for the first 3 months.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes, it is possible to have reg. periods during pregnancy. I never had one, but know ppl who have.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• So I just read a little bit about periods during pregnancy, and although there is no such thing as having periods while pregnant, there is a possibility to have vaginal bleeding while pregnant that women can easily mistake for regular periods. Most of the time it is caused by hormones, and your body just being used to having periods monthly. Also, small amounts of uterine lining can still come out in the early stages of pregnancy because of baby taking some time to implant onto the wall. I guess I will be calling my Dr. tomorrow morning... blood test maybe? Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes its very possible my mother did with me.
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 9:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It can happen. I knew someone that had her period the whole nine months. She had a boy
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010