• In the Spotlight:

pregnancy

is seafood safe while pregnant today i was eatin seafood and i was feeling lite headed and sick like i was about to throw up..

petewifey45

Asked by petewifey45 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You are only allowed to have a certain amount of it, and certain kinds. I know you can have shelfish but amount is limited. However, many woman get sick from seafood when they are pregnant, it just doesn't agree with them. I was able to eat it all, and I did so every chance I got.
    morthanjustamom

Answer by morthanjustamom at 11:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• You are probably just light headed because of the pregnancy, fish is fine....not to much of what ever type has mercury (not sure which ones), oh and people say no sushi...but I hear in Japan they eat it when pregnant...so I am not sure.
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 12:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• seafood is fine. there is one type of fish you arent supposed to eat. i'd call the dr office and get the name as i can't remember it. otherwise its good for the baby. brain food, you know.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I think it is okay to have seafood, try not to have too much of it or making it as your normal diet.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Think of it this way if youre going to eat it eat the little fish.
    Little fish have mercury but medium fish have more mercury then they eat the little fish and double. Then the Big fish are full of mercury and eat the medium fish who has already doubled its intake of mercury so now the large fish is absolutely just mercury lol.

Stick to maybe shrimp. small stuff.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• The Japanese are accustomed to many lifestyles we are not so be careful. Trust me i should be japanese hahha i love sushi and FISH wayyyyyyyyyyy to much so i eat shrimp tempura sushi rolls for the fix and i dont eat it often.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2008