Is it bad if my baby wont always burp?!

I am a 19yr old 1st time mom... &my daughter will be 2wks tomorrow! My daughter doesnt like drinking her milk cold.. I warm all her bottles unless out.... if the bottle is room temp she will burp shortly after eating. However, with a warm bottle she burps after awhile.. but sometimes she doesnt always burp! Is this a problem?

rieya2010

Asked by rieya2010 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes they won't burp, but most times they should need to.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No, it is not "Bad"....but she might get fussy ,feeling the bubbles in her tummy ....but it is not "bad".
    WHy does everyone use that word "bad" all the time? I keep seeing "Am I a "BAD" MOM" and "Does this make me a "bad" Mom". Now we have yours:" IS it bad if ..." WOw. Cool...chill....she will be fine.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• By the way---you are feeding her bottles of MILK when she is only two weeks pld??? DOes your Pediatrician agree with that? At 2 weeks,isn't she supposed to be breast feeding or drinking FORMULA? I am confused here....?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• kerp---YOU are the one who needs to chill...of course she means formula...and she can use any vocabulary she pleases...........anyways, i had the same problem with my daughter and i think sometimes she just didnt need to burp....my daughter gets pretty upset when you take her bottle away to burp her, which makes her cry, which makes her suck in air, which defeats the purpose of burping....so if you need to just pat her back or rub her back for a few min and then get back to the feeding then do it...if it seems to cause her a belly ache then get some gas drops from walmart....she will be FINE if she doesnt burp everytime...youre doing great, Momma! keep it up : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• KERP- U SURE DO NEED TO CHILL! PLZ DONT SPEAK TO ME LIKE U KNOW ME! THIS SITE IS FOR MOMS HELPING MOMS WITH QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE! YES I AM YOUNG BUT I AM NOT STUPID! I WANT TO BE SURE I AM DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT THEREFORE I AM OPEN TO ASK & WORD MY QUESTIONS AS I PLEASE! IF UR ANSWERS ARE NOT GOING TO BE POLITE & HELPFUL ID RATHER U NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS! I BREAST & FORMULA FEED MY DAUGHTER NOT REAL MILK! BUT HELLO> BREAST "MILK" & FORMULA IS "MILK" THEREFORE ITS MILK!!
    MAMAGEE- THANK U!! THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL! YEA, I TAKE THE BOTTLE FROM HER TO BURP HER BUT SHE WONT ALWAYS BURP.. SO I TRY TO BURP HER UNTIL SHE CRYS THEN GIVE HER BOTTLE BACK.. THEN WHEN SHES DONE I TRY TO BURP HER AGAIN. SHELL BURP.. JUST NOT ALL THE TIME &I KNOW THEY NEED TO BURP TO RELEASE THE AIR THAT IS IN THEIR TUMMY... IDK.. MAYBE SHE DOESNT ALWAYS GET ALOT OF AIR.. I JUST WANTED TO BE SURE IT WONT HURT HER NOT TO BURP ALL THE TIME! THANK YOU
    rieya2010

Comment by rieya2010 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't worry unless she is having tummy trouble from not burping. They don't have to each and every time though.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was worried about this when my LO was a few weeks old too. And since I'm EBF him, he often falls asleep after eating. He would wake up when I would put him on my shoulder to burp. Eventually, I realized that if he had bubbles, he would let me know he was uncomfortable, and that's when I would burp him. Now, he usually burps on his own, even up to a half hour after feeding, even with a bottle.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• THANKZ MOMS.... SO FAR SHE HASNT SHOWN ANY TIMES OF TUMMY TROUBLES.. BUT SHE IS STARTING TO PASS GAS MORE.. MAYBE THATS HER ALTERNATIVE AIR RELEASE... LOL.. OK.. SO NOW I HAVE NO WORRIES ABOUT IT! :) &IM SURE IF SHE WAS UNCOMFORTABLE SHE WOULD LET ME KNOW.. SHE IS NOTT A FUSSY BABY.. ONLY CRIES WHEN HUNGRY OR NEEDS CHANGING! SO IM SURE IF HER TUMMY HURT SHE WOULD FUSS.. THANKS SOOO MUCH
    rieya2010

Comment by rieya2010 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i used to have to do everythig i could possible think of to get my son to burp....if he didnt burp he would scream for hours....try laying her across your lap and patting her back/butt....lay her on the floor on her tummy for a minute or two.....pick her up and hold her like you are gonna burp her,pat the lower back,middle back and top of her back 2 times each till you get a burp....it usualy works...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• thanks smallfry5!! it woked!!!!! :)
    rieya2010

Comment by rieya2010 (original poster) at 5:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2010