2yr olds vision?

What are signs that my sons vision may be bad? He is almost 30 months and speech delayed so he can't tell me.

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 1:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• You can take him to an eye doctor and they can tell you without him uttering a word.
    They use lights/lenses to stimulate the cornea and based upon the reaction of it, they can tell if he can see clearly or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have no idea. I have always wondered how they were able to test vision on such young children.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old had eye surgery back in June (at 2 years old)....they test his vision every 3 months now using drops that dilate the eye and then using lights and prism type lenses...depending on the eye's reaction (or non reaction) they can tell if his vision is off....take him to the eye doctor *nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• have the doc test his eye sight. We did this with my almost 4 year old and she is being referred to an eye specialist now.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Not sure. Have you asked your dr about it?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010