My 3 yo son is doing great potty training (FINALLY)....but only when naked...

If I put underwear on him, a pull up, or even let him go commando with pants on, he has accidents. If he's naked, he uses the potty no problem...any ideas on how to get over this hurdle?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we are in the same situation!!! he has been been naked everyday at home for several WEEKS. lol. he has gotten better, though, so i think it will just take time. yesterday he didn't have ANY accidents and he was only naked until noon. ;) i was so proud.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i really dont know good luck
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Why worry about being naked at home. If this is what you need to do so that he learn to use the potty then do it. Just make sure that you put something on when leaving the house. JK I think it is great that he is doing wonderful learning to use the potty.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well, that's the thing...we've been naked for days now, lol. I guess I'll just keep him this way and only put a pull up on him if we need to get dressed to leave the house. Whenever I tell him its time to get dressed he screams and cries for a diaper. Sigh. My daughter potty trained in a day, no problem, so this is all new to me...
    gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• He must think that as long as he has something on, it's okay to pee. Oh well, let him go naked. Eventually he will understand better.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• let him go naked when you can... or try making it a game... see how long he can keep his pants dry... let him buy some new undies that he's really proud of and tell him if they get wet (peed in) that they will need to go in the trash...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010