What kinds of methods do you employ when feeling angry to cope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• I keep a journal and write. not like a bashing I hate kinda thing just something that helps me concentrate on something else till I am calm.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I just try to be alone and read or veg in front of the TV until I calm down.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Deep breathing, and then find a quiet place where I can be alone and work thru the anger and calm down.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Actually if I am really angry, like when I was grieving, I took a hammer and hit a piece of wood. I felt foolish at first , but then really beat up that piece of wood. A friend told me this was a technique she was told to do when she was in counseling. She used a tennis racket on her bed. I used the technique several times and keep the wood handy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• For little things - like my child griping and crying in the car, I focus on the road, breathing, and clearing my mind. Unfortunately, I'm no mental kung fu ninja, so I can't clear the frustration of the child while still holding polite conversation. So, I get really edgy if my hubs tries to talk to me while I am concentrating on my calm. ~~~ All in due time, Grasshopper. ~~~
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 1:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• depends on what I'm angry about, if I can't do anything at the moment I just hold it and think about why I am angry and how to walk through that anger...If I need to do something immediate I tell whoever is home that I am going to the store and instead I go for a long drive.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Music always helps me. I listen to songs that give me peace and comfort.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Running, and praying....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I vent, to whoever will listen, and then it's gone. Forgiven and forgotten, short term memory loss is a blessing sometimes! LOL
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I stop and think before I say most things, to my kids that is, if it's someone else they might hear something they won't like..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010