I can't find pear juice in my supermarket.

I have been told to also try pear juice for constipation. But i can't find it at the store. Does it not come like other juices? What about apple juice ? does it work for constipation? I have been trying the prune juice and it doesn't work real well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did you look near the baby food? gerber and beechnut have there own lines of juices for babies
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• pear juices comes like the other juices, I've use apple juice for my DD for her constipation. If your baby is old enough to eat stage 1 food, the doctor told me prune stage one is the best.
    Anonymous

• i don't thinl she is ready for stage 1 just yet, she is 4 months. Am i suppose to wait until 6 months?
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 1:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My DH gets constipated all the time and I give her apple prune/apple baby juice diluted with water and works great
    Anonymous

• Stage one should be fine, stage one is meant for babies that sit up while being assisted, stage two is for babies that sit on their own, etc. So if she sits while being assisted with a pillow or something she should be fine.

But yes apple juice does work just fine for my daughter (5 1/2 months) but I was told not to dilute it...something about the sugars and thats what makes it work, I dunno. lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You should look by the baby foods, they have small bottles of juice, pear, apple, prune, they are better for baby's stomachs. If you have to use apple or such, cut it in 1/2 with water, it will still work just fine for what you want.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• some stores dont' carry it. I know at my kroger they have 5 juices and at wal mart they just have 2. just call around and ask if they have it, i use apple juice for when they are constipated
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Walmart has it in the baby food area.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 4:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008