Where does the money come from to pay government employees?

I thought I knew. I was pretty sure it came directly from tax revenue (and from money borrowed out of social security and other tax generated funds when they run out of tax revenue to pay for it all). I was positive that's where the money came from, until I asked that other question and saw all these people crowing about "job creation" when they meant creating government jobs, aka jobs that don't produce anything, and don't generate any income. They don't even have the advantages NASA has with R&D, these are jobs about bean counting and court cases. So is there some magic tree that grows money for government jobs now, or would creating entire new divisions of government STILL have to be paid with tax money?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Curious to see the answers you get. Heres a bump for ya.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am assuming that it comes from tax money. That being said, I would rather pay for another government job with my taxes than to pay for someone to sit doing drugs on PA.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

Answer by Jademom07 a minute
    -----------------------
    I would too. Good reply.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• China.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It is all paid for with money from taxpayers and taxpayer owned corporations as well as outside countries that owe the government (taxpayer) for tax payer money lent or spent on those countries...not counting current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The public employee unions (public employees should not be unionized, in my opinion) are instrumental in perpetuating themselves as a voting block for ever increasing salaries and benefits. Look at PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain) and England, Ireland and France for a preview of coming attractions when the conservatives try to rein in the outrageous Democrat spending for votes and continued power. The a fore-mentioned countries are running madly away from socialism while Obama, in his anti-colonial haze, pushes us further on the road to collapse...which is exactly what his father dreamed for "colonial" USA.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 2:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• our tax dollers pay for those lazie bums
    MonicaGellar

Answer by MonicaGellar at 2:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Who needs the taxpayer when you have a printing press in the basement! I'll be back NP...I am really curious to see how people will answer.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Lori Keet....hilarious
    Great question!!! I thought it was from our taxes as well.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010