This is for older moms...what did you do before the internet?

Were you getting more done?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Before the internet...I actually used my brain. It's been proven that with cell phones, laptops, computers, etc. Society is get dumber and dumber.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I read books... printed with ink on paper, sandwiched between "covers"... LOL!!
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 2:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• LOL! I love this question. I think we read books more, we watched TV more and we generally had more family conversation. I remember not having a microwave and I remember when our home only had one bathroom for five people. Ugh... It's all what you get used to. Yes, I would say I got a lot more done without internet. I feel like I waste so much time on this stupid computer. I haven't read a book in months.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I read a lot more before getting the internet 3 years ago at the age of 61. I've been an empty nester for a while so didn't have children for whom I had to be responsible. I actually get more housework done now than I did before. Seems that I am more motivated to get it done so I can play!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have not had internet that long, i think we got it about the same time i had to quit working. it was all starting around the same time i was in high school but i never got much out of it. we did not have it at home so i did not use it. i think i have become more informed on things since getting it, which is good. some days i do spend too much time on line but how much i do around the house is not any different.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I read more, watched alot more tv and talked alot more on the phone.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah!!! I had children to attend to though, now I care for my 91 year old mom and sick brother, so it is about the same.

Answer by older at 2:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My house was definitely cleaner!!!! LOL!! l don't know if it's because of the Internet or just that I don't care as much anymore. If you come over to critic my housecleaning then you can just leave.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• :D I was just entering high school when the whole internet craze began... so my time was filled up with friends and listening to music and (hee hee!) RECORDING it on cassette tapes off the radio!! :D I miss those days...
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, I did get a lot more done. And, I read more. I subscribed to almost all women's magazines. Now, I do well to read the newspaper everyday. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010