Should "big girls" have long hair?

I was trying to grow my hair out but my stylist made a comment on how big girls just look bigger in long hair...I cut it off again. I'm also 7 months pregnant so I don't need something to make me look any bigger!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 2:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As a stylist myself I must say that is the rudest, most unprofessional thing I have heard out of a stylist's mouth in a long time. WOW!!! Beauty school 101, we learned it in our textbooks, if you are bigger you need a bigger style to balance the rest of you out. If you are smaller a little less is more. It's actually better to have more hair. But also, face shape, skin tone and personal features also come into play when choosing a style. I'm so sorry that was said to you. How unbelievable igorant and rude.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i think your stylist's opinion was very rude imho...you should wear your hair the way it makes you feel beautiful. and don't feel bad about looking "big" at 7 months pregnant, be proud to be carrying such a blessing
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 2:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Girl, wear your hair any way you like it! There are plenty of big girls with beautiful long hair I'd kill for! Personally all of my close friends are big girls... one in particular actually REALLY looked SUPER CUTE in a pixie cut a few years back... but she got sick of everyone asking her if she were a lesbian (can you believe that?? How rude!!) so she grew it out again. She grew it out to about her braline for her wedding and now has a REALLY cute shoulder-length bob.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My hubs agrees with me that the most beautiful women are the ones that *feel* beautiful. Size really doesn't matter. So, if you feel beautiful in long hair, grow it out. I'm actually considering buzzing my head. I have a gorgeous head.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 2:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think you need a new styist...what a snot! God gave the hair to YOU..wear it however you want and you will be beautiful.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It's not whether the hair is long or not, it's how it is styled.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I always though short hair made big girls look bigger because long hair hides their double chin!

(seriously though, I have long hair and I am a Big Gal)

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It's not the length, it's whether or not you have a crappy stylist. A good one knows how to cut hair of any length in a way that is flattering to the person, even if it means it's not the exact same style the person asked for.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I looked bigger when i cut my hair short, said i'd never do it again. It realy depends on the shape of yoru face & the shape of your haircut. A bug girl can defintiely have long hair & look good! Nikki Blonsky looks GREAT with long hair! AND, she is hooking up with Zac Effron! He is HOT!

nikki-blonsky.jpg

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Ugh, how can someone say that to a person. I'd say whatever you think flatters your face, easiest to maintain, makes you feel better about yourself.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010